GoldenEar SuperSub X Subwoofer
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
High Impact Compact Subwoofer
1,400 Watt ForceField Digital Amplifier, Bass Down To 12Hz
Dual 8” Active Drivers & Dual 10.5” x 9.5” Passive Radiators
Attractive Gloss Black Cabinet Complements Any Interior
About The GoldenEar SuperSub X Subwoofer
GoldenEar’s new SuperSub Series subwoofers are ultra-high performance compact subwoofers which incorporate many recently developed unique and advanced technologies and components. The goal was to create beautifully styled, finely finished, reasonably sized subwoofers that could generate very low frequency pressure waves of extremely high amplitude, while delivering accurate and precise low frequency performance that is both highly impactful and extremely musical.
In order to achieve this, GoldenEar have incorporated a unique, patented, 360 degree dual-plane inertially-balanced driver and sub-bass radiator topology, combined with a very advanced electronics package. With two active drivers separated horizontally in space, as well as two passive radiators separated vertically, the driver to-room coupling is distributed much more smoothly, for in-room bass performance that can’t typically be achieved with a single subwoofer.
The electronics package that drives the fully balanced array is a 1400 Watt Class D Digital amplifier based on the design originally developed for the GoldenEar Triton One tower. It features discrete multi-band limiting, phase perfect equalization, fully balanced and advanced reconstruction filters, and a strong focus on keeping latency to an absolute minimum. Sonically, the result is rock-solid bass response that is both exceptionally fast and tuneful for music and extraordinarily deep and powerful, in order to effortlessly reproduce the most extreme movie sound effects.
Housed within the gorgeous piano gloss black enclosure are two horizontally-opposed 8" (203mm) ultra-long-throw active drivers and two vertically-opposed 10.5" x 9.5" (267 x 241mm) planar infrasonic radiators. This dual-plane, patented dynamic inertial-balancing preserves and focuses all the energy produced by the transducers in order to more effectively move the air in the room, rather than wasting energy moving the box. It also enables you to hear all the fine subtle details in your recordings. The benefit is a new achievement in state-of-the-art subwoofer performance that, not only “rocks the house”, as Big Picture Big Sound’s Chris Boylan raved, but is also, “strong, pure and controlled” as Sound & Vision’s Mark Fleischman wrote.
Best of all is GoldenEar’s signature combination of high-end performance, superb build quality, gorgeous styling and extraordinary value. Nobody does this better than GoldenEar.
GoldenEar SuperSub X Reviews
“Sonic bliss … remarkably powerful … THEY KICK ASS, totally … down to the infrasonic” – Mark Henninger - AVS
“… this is a bargain for a sub of this performance”. Home Theater’s Robert Kozel – Secrets Of Home Theatre
SuperSub X is “a true compact wonder” Mark Henninger - AVS
Our Take On The GoldenEar SuperSub X Subwoofer
How can you possibly get high impact bass from a subwoofer that’s about as tall, wide & deep as a vinyl record’s diameter? You put drivers on four of the six sides – that’s how. The SuperSub X has two opposing 8” active drivers left & right and two 10.5” by 9.5” passive radiators top & bottom. This, combined with a 1,400 Watt Class D amplifier that just won’t quit, gives you incredibly dynamic bass performance down to 12 Hz that you have no right to expect from a subwoofer this size. Check the GoldenEar SuperSub X subwoofer out today.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Compact 1,400 Watt Powered Subwoofer
- Frequency Response: 12 Hz - 250 Hz
- Amplifier: 1,400 Watt ForceField Digital Amplifier
- Two 8” (203mm) Ultra-Long-Throw Sub-Bass Drivers
- Ultra-Long Throw High-Output Bass Driver for Powerful Room-Shaking Bass
- Superior Transient Performance for Exceptional Detail
- Computer Optimized Ultra-Stiff Fibre Cone
- Massive High-Gauss Magnet Assembly
- Two 10.5" x 9.5" (267 x 241mm) Quadratic Planar Infrasonic Radiator
- Pressure-Coupled Loading Extends Usable Bass Performance to the Infrasonic Region
- Performs Like a Well-Tuned Transmission Line but with Superior Transient Performance and Control
- Patented 360° Driver Array
- Dual-plane inertially-balanced driver and sub bass radiator topology
- Resulting vibration cancelling yields accurate and precise low frequency performance
- Preserves and focuses all the energy produced by the transducers
- Room coupling is distributed much more smoothly
- LFE Line-Level Input: Unfiltered (no low pass), direct-coupled
- Right/Left Line-Level Input: Variable Low-Pass from 40 Hz – 150 Hz
- Finish: Gloss Black
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 356 x 325 x 335mm including feet
- Weight: 18.1kg
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 2 Years Electronics, 5 Years Drivers
Note: Specifications & Features Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.