Marantz CD6007 CD Player
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Built-In Headphone Amplifier With Volume Control
Playback Hi-Res Files Via Front-Panel USB Port
New Improved AK4490 DAC
Plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, MP3 & WMA CDs
About The Marantz CD6007 CD Player
Well who would have believed in 1983 that CDs were being phased out 40 years later! That's OK if you haven't invested a ton of money in CD discs, but even if you were just a teenager in 1983, you've probably got a rather big collection. Our advice to you is don't take them to Cash Convertors but rather invest in something like the Marantz CD-6007 CD player. Why? Because it delivers music enthusiast perfomance at a very attractive price. This may be the last optical disc player you ever buy but even if it is, make it a good one! Even if you only have 50 CDs that you absolutely love, then buying the award-winning CD6007 from Marantz is still a very worthwhile investment. But ther's a lot more to this player than just spinning CDs. Read on.
The Marantz CD6007 CD player delivers audiophile-quality performance with standard audio CDs, burned CD-R and CD-RW discs and even playback Hi-Res files via the front-panel USB port. This award winning CD disc player serves up rich, earthy sound, revealing layers of subtle details that will have you exploring your music collection deep into the night.
Marantz achieve this by getting all the technical details right, borrowing technology from their top-notch Reference series players for vanishingly low distortion, ruler flat frequency response, and ultra-low noise levels. Then they take one more highly important step by fine-tuning the sound to impart life and musicality that go beyond mere technical perfection. This is the hallmark of all great audio components.
High-End Performance At An Attractive Price: Marantz's exclusive HDAM op-amps in the D/A and analogue output stages use discrete circuit elements in place of noisy, low-powered integrated circuits to provide wider dynamic range and frequency response for the utmost musical fidelity. The CD6007 precision disc transport, double-layered bottom chassis, and reinforced front panel resist vibrations that can adversely affect sound. A hefty power supply delivers plenty of clean current for lively, low-noise playback. The Auto Music Scan (AMS) quickly finds the music on the disc and the Quick Replay function repeats favourite passages. In addition, high-grade gold-plated analogue outputs guarantee best connectivity. An easy to read display, and a remote control rounds off this excellent player.
Enhanced Enjoyment From Hi-Res Files & Headphones: Marantz have decked out the CD6007 with a handy front-panel USB port that lets you plug in a USB stick or hard drive and playback Hi-Res files including FLAC HD, DSD and more. It also boasts a built-in headphone amplifier with an all-discrete component design for robust output and the ability to properly drive a wide variety of headphones, regardless of impedance or sensitivity. The gold-plated, full-sized 6mm output jack is compatible with audiophile headphones and is equipped with an independent front-panel volume control for convenient, high-quality private listening.
Our Take On The Marantz CD6007 CD Player
Marantz has been making top-notch CD players since 1983 and as part of the Philips empire back then, were a highly sort after brand. And they still are! The CD6007 follows in the footsteps of its acclaimed predecessors, offering warm, detailed sound. The company's proprietary analogue audio circuitry provides fast signal transfer and excellent transient response. A high-performance 24-bit/192kHz AK4490 built-in digital-to-analogue converter with a selectable digital filter lets you tailor its performance to your listening preference. And it's undoubtably what influenced What-HiFi? to again deliver Marantz yet another Best Product award. They said: "No one can accuse Marantz of pushing the boundaries on the CD6007, but it didn’t really have to. The company has taken an already excellent CD player and made it a bit better. At this point in CD’s life arc, at the affordable end of the market at least, that’s all it takes to ensure class leadership." Altogether the CD6007 is a match made in heaven for the music lover who wants nothing but the best performance at an attractive price.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Single Disc CD Player
- Disc Mechanism: Centralised disc mechanism resists vibration for improved sound quality
- Marantz HDAM: Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module)-SA2 used in analogue circuitry for faster signal transfer and better transient response
- Signal-Noise Ratio: 110dB
- Frequency Response: 2 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 100dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.002%
- Channel Separation: 98dB
- Capacitors: High performance audio grade capacitors
- DAC: High performance 24-bit/192kHz AK4490 digital-to-analogue converter
- Underside: Double-layered metal bottom plate for vibration resistance
- Front Panel: Aluminium/reinforced resin front panel for vibration resistance
- Audio EX Mode: Delivers super-quiet performance
- Compressed Music Files: MP3/WMA playback capability with CD-R/RW disc
- Convenient "Quick Replay" function
- CD-Text, MP3/WMA tag data display
- Analogue Output: Independent gold plated analogue output jacks
- Digital: Gold plated coaxial and optical digital outputs
- IR Flasher input
- Playback Hi-Res Files Via Front-Panel USB Port
- Built-in headphone amplifier with full-size headphone jack and volume control
- Remote Control input/output: For use with Marantz receivers and amps with a compatible remote control in/out jack
- Remote Control: Includes RC004PMCD
- Power Consumption: 32 Watts
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.3 Watts
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Detachable Power Cord: Allows for easy upgrade to something better. This a very worthwhile investment on a product of this type as it can make audible improvements to the sound
- Available Colours: Black or Silver/Gold
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 440 x 105 x 338mm
- Nett Weight: 6.6 kgs
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE
- Marantz PM6007 Stereo AmplifierPriced from $1,290.00
- Marantz NA8005 Music StreamerPriced from $1,360.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,520.00 )
- Marantz ND8006 Streaming CD PlayerPriced from $2,490.00
- Rotel RA-1572 MKII Stereo AmplifierPriced from $2,519.00 (Normally Regular Price $2,799.00 )
- Rotel RCD-1572 CD PlayerPriced from $1,099.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,399.00 )