Marantz PM6007 Stereo Amplifier
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
What Hi-Fi Award Winning Amplifier
60 Watts RMS Continuous Output Per Channel But More Importantly A Sweet, Detailed Performance
Built-In DAC And Discrete Headphone Amplifier
About The Marantz PM6007 Stereo Integrated Amplifier
The Marantz PM6007 stereo amplifier provides exceptional analogue and digital performance for your audio collection. You'll certainly enjoy the most musical sound from any source. The PM6007 replaces the multiple award winning PM6006 with a number of new features including a newer, better on-board DAC making a great amplifier even better.
Marantz's latest 6000 series amplifier builds on a formidable dynasty that stretches back quite a few years. So instead of a new-build, we could really say that Marantz engineers have tweaked the previous PM6006. And so the big change is in the DAC or Digital-to-Analogue Convertor and this is a reference class AK4490 DAC from AKM in Japan and it provides up to 192-kHz/24-bit resolution for optimum fidelity with your Hi-Res audio file types. The AK4490 is a new generation premium 32-bit 2-channel DAC with new technologies, achieving the industry's leading level for low-distortion characteristics and wide dynamic range. The AK4490 integrates a newly developed switched capacitor filter "OSR Doubler", making it capable of supporting a wide range of signals and achieving low out-of-band noise while realising low power consumption. Moreover, the AK4490 has five types of 32-bit digital filters, delivering simple and flexible sound tuning in wide range of applications. The AK4490 accepts up to 768 kHz PCM data and 11.2 MHz DSD data that is ideal for high-resolution audio source playback material. To access the DAC, the Marantz PM6007 features two optical and a coaxial digital input so you can connect to the AK4490 DAC to create an unbelievably high level of audio enjoyment. So show your speakers some love, without leaving digital music out of the loop!
Discrete Output Stage: Of course, Marantz have retained the pre-amp and power-amp sections (internally) that exclusively feature discrete components – not a single IC in sight of the signal path. That’s because specially selected single components not only outperform ICs in quality, they also make it possible to refine the sound in much more detail, resulting in more clarity and transparency. Also retained are all of the original features - such as four-line audio inputs plus a separate phono input for a dedicated Turntable, two-pairs of gold-plated speaker connections with the convenience of bi-wiring. Of course you would be lost without a remote handset so it is included!
Clean, Dynamic Power: The PM6007 has the Marantz signature sound and knows just how to deliver warm, dynamic sound to your speakers. The conservative 45 Watt stereo power rating per channel is generated by a high-current power supply that features a low impedance toroidal power transformer with high-current and custom designed storage capacitors. That allows this amplifier to handle the heavy demands of even 4 Ohm speakers as well as dynamic peaks in music. Plus, the output stage utilises current feedback circuitry — first developed by Marantz — to ensure clean playback with minimal distortion while driving both easy and difficult speaker loads. The technology provides wide-bandwidth and high-speed sound reproduction. In combination with the high current power supply, the PM6007's amplifier section holds a large energy reserve to easily drive even the most demanding speakers. An advanced thermal compensation avoids memory distortion for clean amplification under any circumstances.
High Current Power Supply: Featuring a high current high capacity shielded toroidal power transformer, the power supply section also employs high current high speed Shottky Barrier Diodes, along with high current storage capacitors that together provide wide dynamic range along with low impedance drive capability.
- High Quality Audio Design: This unit has a high-quality audio design such as a minimised signal path, use of high sound quality parts, and large power circuits; which is possible only in discrete audio components.
- High-Power Output: This unit features a slim-line body, but utilises a large power supply for dynamic music reproduction with high-power.
- Symmetrical Circuit Layout: To achieve the best possible sonic performance, signal paths need to be short, direct & mirror imaged. The construction of the integrated amplifier's circuitry provides improved stereo imaging by ensuring close to perfect symmetry between right & left channel layout.
- Shottky Diodes: A Shottky diode is a special type of diode with a very low forward-voltage drop compared to normal diodes. This lower voltage drop translates into higher system efficiency. Shottky diodes have very fast signal handling, can easily stay higher temperatures and are sensitive very low voltages.
- Toroidal Transformer: A toroidal transformer has several advantages over a normal EI core transformer. It is very efficient & therefore delivers more power compared to the same size of an EI core transformer. In addition, due to its shape, the electromagnetic radiation & the mechanical vibration are extremely low all ending in a better sound quality.
Aluminum/Glass-Reinforced Resin Front-Panel: The integrated amplifier's front panel uses a carefully chosen combination of aluminum & glass-reinforced resin to create a distinctive three dimensional appearance. Indirect reflecting blue LEDs indicating input selection, heighten its elegant appearance.
Marantz HDAM-SA3 Technology: Marantz has developed our own discrete circuit boards to replace standard IC's. These HDAM's (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) consist of discrete surface mount components with short mirror image L/R signal paths. These devices do exactly the same thing as the Op-amps, but outperform these solutions dramatically in terms of the Slew Rate and reduced noise level, resulting in more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. In the PM6007, the HDAM-SA3 circuit improves on its previous module and the idling current stability is less influenced by power transistor temperatures to maintain sound performance even at high level output.
Fully Discrete Headphone Amplifier: For superb sound quality with the widest range of headphone types, the PM6007 features a fully discrete headphone amplifier that is able to handle just about any headphone type, regardless of impedance or sensitivity. The high quality gold plated full-size 6.5mm headphone jack is compatible with audiophile and studio headphones and adapters.
Our Take On The Marantz PM6007 Stereo Amplifier
At first look one may feel that this is a lot of money for a 45 Watt stereo amplifier. That could well be the case if compared with the general run of the mill mass-market amps or just as a stereo amp. Firstly, the PM6007 knows just how to deliver warm, dynamic sound to your speakers. The conservative 45-watt stereo power rating only tells part of this amp's story. Those 45 Watts per channel are generated by a high-current power supply that features a toroidal power transformer with high-current storage capacitors. That allows this amp to handle the heavy demands of speakers when they drop down around the 4 Ohm mark as well as having enough in the 'tank' to handle dynamic peaks in your music. Then there is the built-in DAC. Purchasing a DAC of this quality as a stand-alone item would cost at least $300 and probably more like $400. Add to this the high-quality headphone amp that comes included and it quickly adds up to a product offering exceptional value, something many of our customers have since come to realise with the PM6007 predecessors. In short, the new PM6007 is your proven and excellent bridge to the future.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Dedicated stereo amp with built-in DAC and Headphone amplifier
- Power Output: 2 x 45 Watts RMS @ 8 Ohms (20Hz-20kHz)
- 2 x 60 Watts @ 4 Ohms (20Hz-20kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.0008%
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 70 kHz (+0dB, -1dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 84dB (Phono)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 102dB (Line in)
- DAC: AKM AK4490
- Power Supply: High-current toroidal power transformer for clean playback and smooth handling of demanding speaker loads
- HDAM: Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module and current feedback amplification for accuracy and control under high-drive conditions
- Tone Controls: Front-panel tone controls (treble and bass)
- Source Direct Mode: Bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound
- Headphone Amp: Built-in headphone amplifier
- Digital Inputs: 1 x Optical and 1 x Coaxial digital audio input
- Line Inputs: 4 pr. L+R stereo RCA audio inputs
- Line Output: 1 pr. L+R stereo RCA audio output
- Subwoofer Output: Yes
- Turntable Input: Separate phono input for a turntable with MM cartridge
- Headphone Jack: Full size 6.5mm on front panel
- Speakers: Front-panel switching for two pairs of speakers
- Speaker Wire Terminals: Binding posts will accept banana plugs or bare wire
- Bi-Amp/Bi-Wire Capability: Yes
- IR flasher and remote control inputs
- Remote Control: System remote RC004PMCD will also operate other Marantz components
- Power Consumption: 150 Watts
- Standby Consumption: 0.2 Watt
- Detachable Power Cable: Upgrade to a better quality power cable for improved performance
- Available Colours: Black or Silver/Gold
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 440 x 105 x 366mm
- Nett Weight: 7.5kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years plus an extra year if registered
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE