ProJect T1 Turntable (Gloss Black)
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Quality Manual Belt Drive Turntable
Non-Resonant Glass Platter, Solid Plinth Construction
One Piece Aluminium Tonearm, Ortofon OM5e MM Cartridge
Hinged Perspex Lid, Felt Mat, Easy Setup
About The Pro-Ject T1 Turntable
The T1 from Pro-Ject Audio Systems is a new generation of turntable, aiming to deliver true high-fidelity sound on a limited budget. Boasting premium materials, stylish aesthetics and a rich, lively sound, the extensive development process has ensured that even though the price is affordable there has been no compromise in sonic performance.
Low-Noise Design: For the drive system, where many turntables may use un-regulated DC motors with wide speed fluctuations, the T1 features Pro-Ject's proven system of an electronically regulated, precision-speed AC motor. The result is a low-noise, stable drive system for the turntable. The precision-speed AC motor drives a belt-system, attached to a newly designed sub-platter, which is mounted into an ultra-precise 0.001mm main bearing with a hardened steel axle and brass bushing (just like Pro-Ject's coveted Essential III turntables). Using this motor system, the T1 is able to ensure a smooth, anti-resonant rotational platform for the tonearm and cartridge to ride across.
One-Piece Tonearm: The tonearm on the T1 is a new model, based on previous Pro-Ject designs. With its straight, 8.6" effective length and stiff aluminium construction, this one-piece tonearm also features low-friction bearings for absolute accuracy in use. Besides the clean and stylish looks, the integrated headshell won't cause any additional vibrations either, and is a big improvement over many other detachable, screwed-on or glued-on headshells.
Ortofon OM5e MM Cartridge: The Pro-Ject T1 comes supplied with an Ortofon OM5e Moving Magnet cartridge, featuring an elliptical diamond stylus tip for true high-fidelity playback from your vinyl record collection.
Zero-Resonance Construction: The stylish CNC-machined plinth features no plastic parts and is carefully manufactured to ensure there are no hollow spaces inside, therefore avoiding unwanted vibrations within the chassis. Carrying this philosophy through the design, the included 8mm glass platter is also a heavy, zero-resonance design (avoiding the flaws of plastic or lightweight steel alternatives). Finally, the purpose-chosen turntable feet also do a good job of isolating the T1 from ambient vibrations around your hi-fi system.
Added Protection: The Pro-Ject T1 comes with a hinged, clear plastic dust cover and a felt mat to protect the turntable and your records.
The T1 is an affordable marvel. Still made in Europe by a turntable factory with decades of experience, it is a true hi-fi turntable that looks and sounds sublime. In its class it has much to recommend it including a rigid one piece tonearm, Ortofon OM5e moving magnet cartridge, a precision belt drive system and a non-resonant glass platter. The new standard at this price point.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Manual belt drive turntable
- Precision belt-drive with accurately regulated speed stability
- Anti-resonant sub-platter design
- Heavy 8mm zero-resonance blasted-glass platter
- Precision CNC‘d chassis with no hollow spaces & no plastic
- Ortofon OM5e moving magnet cartridge
- 8.6“ highly precise and light aluminium tonearm
- Low friction, vibration free tonearm bearing
- One-piece tonearm design with integrated headshell
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables - purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Vibration absorbing feet
- Elegant dustcover with adjustable hinges
- Hand-made in Europe
- Speeds: 33⅓ & 45
- Design: Belt drive
- Speed Variance: 33: 0.7% 45: 0.6%
- Wow & Flutter: 33: 0.25% 45: 0.23%
- Platter: Heavy 8mm, blasted-glass platter with felt mat
- Main Bearing: Stainless steel/brass
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 65dB
- Tonearm: 8.6” aluminium one piece
- Effective Arm Length: 218.5 mm
- Overhang: 22.0 mm
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 8.0 g
- Counterweight Mass: 5 - 10g (pre-mounted)
- Tracking Force Range: 0 - 50mN (17.5 mN pre-adjusted)
- Included Accessories: Perspex dustcover, Felt mat, High quality Connect it E RCA Phono cable
- Power Supply: 110 - 240V/50, 60Hz; 15 V DC 800mA
- Power Consumption: 4.5 Watts max
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 415 x 100 x 335mm
- Weight: 3.8kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE