Sonos Move Wireless Speaker
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
A Portable Bluetooth Speaker That Can Connect Wirelessly To Other Sonos Components
Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant Voice Controlled
IP56 Weather Resistant, Charging Cradle Included
The Sonos Move is the first ever Portable Bluetooth Speaker from Sonos. But, the unique wrinkle here is that it can also wirelessly connect to your Sonos multi-room audio system using Wi-Fi. So, it lets you use the super powerful Sonos app with all your other Sonos products in your home and operates exactly like a normal portable Bluetooth speaker when you're on the move. Brilliant.
About Sonos Move Wireless Speaker
How long have we been waiting for a portable Bluetooth speaker that can also wirelessly connect to your Sonos audio system? Fortunately the wait is finally over and the Sonos Move has arrived. In Wi-Fi mode, it works like other speakers in the Sonos family. It gives you the same easy access to a multitude of music streaming services, your digital music collection on your computer or NAS drive and the thousands of Internet radios stations available in every genre imaginable. All using the simple to use yet extremely powerful Sonos app. The Move even has built-in microphones for Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant voice commands. And, when connected to Wi-Fi, you can even wirelessly pair two Sonos Moves for stereo sound. Naturally the Move sounds every bit as good as you've come to expect from Sonos with one Tweeter and one Mid/Bass speaker and two built-in amplifiers to keep them under control - and to make sure the Move can get up and boogie when you need it to.
Bluetooth Mode: Switch the Move to Bluetooth mode and you can use this portable speaker out on the deck or at the beach, beyond the reach of your Wi-Fi network. Just pair your phone with the Move, fire up a music app like Spotify or TIDAL, grab the convenient built-in handle and whisk the Move off to any destination you desire.
Ready for The Elements: The Move genuinely gives you the freedom to take it anywhere you wish to go. The Sonos Move is IP56 rated which makes it dustproof and water-resistant, so it can withstand raindrops or snowfall. Its built-in rechargeable battery can deliver up to 11 hours of playback. Of course, if you leave it on its charging base, the speaker can play all day long.
Optimised Sound with Auto Trueplay: The Move is the first Sonos speaker to feature Auto Trueplay. So, unlike normal Sonos Trueplay where you look like an idiot waving your phone around the room for a few minutes to optimise the sound, Auto Trueplay does it all for you by using its four built-in microphones to sense the unique acoustics of the space, rather than using the microphone in your phone. Move is smart enough to realise when you have picked it up and moved it to a new location and will immediately start adjust the sound to suit the new environment. It's wonderfully simple, and simply wonderful, making even difficult places sound good. Just remember to make sure the Move's microphones are turned on and the Move is within Wi-Fi range as this feature does not operate on Bluetooth for the time being.
AirPlay 2 Compatibility: The Sonos Move has Apple AirPlay 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube videos and Netflix movies.
Voice Control at Home: When connected to a Wi-Fi network, you can use voice commands with the Sonos Move, similar to the popular Sonos One. Choose either Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, and control your entire Sonos multi-room audio system using your voice. The Sonos Move has four far-field microphones with noise cancellation to ensure it always hears your commands. Tell Alexa or Google Assistant to mix and match from Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn internet radio, and more, including up to date information on weather, sports results, etc. You can control even more music features through the Sonos App on your smartphone or tablet.
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Wireless Streaming Speaker with Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Compatibility (Sold Individually)
- Speakers: One downward-firing tweeter creates a crisp, clear high-frequency response that disperses evenly for an ultra-wide soundscape. One mid-woofer integrated into the cabinet ensures faithful playback of mid-range vocal frequencies plus deep, rich bass.
- Amplifiers: Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speaker drivers and acoustic architecture.
- Microphones: Four Far-field microphone array uses smart voice capture and noise cancellation. Responsive audio chime lets you know Sonos Move has heard you and is working on a response.
- Controls: Top-panel features capacitive touch controls for volume up/down, previous/next track, play/pause and microphone mute. LED indicates status, mute status, and voice feedback.
- Complete Privacy: An illuminated LED indicator light ensures you're always aware when the speakers microphone is active.
- Rechargeable Battery: Built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 11 hours
- Charging: Charging Base Supplied
- Handle: Built-in handle
- Mesh Network: Be aware, due to the easily portable nature of the Sonos Move, it does not support Sonosnet. It can either be set to connect to your home network by Wi-Fi or to your phone (or other device) via Bluetooth. Naturally, when connected to your home Wi-Fi it can be connected with and see all the other Sonos products on your network and play music the same way as any other zone in the house, grouped together or separately.
- Sonos Control App
- Free download from iTunes App Store and GooglePlay
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac computers
- Compatible with Android smartphones, tablets, and Windows PCs
- Bass, treble, balance, loudness and volume controls
- Voice Control Compatibility
- Amazon Alexa
- Google Assistant
- Siri – to control Apple Music only
- AirPlay Support: Apple AirPlay 2 built-in
- File Compatibility: Plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- Note: Not compatible with protected AAC files from iTunes
- Music Streaming Services: Plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Tidal etc
- Podcasts: Plays music and Podcasts directly from compatible iOS portable devices
- Internet Radio: Plays streaming Internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- Multi-zone Synchronous Playback: Same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously or multi-stream playback
- Pair two Moves together: Configure two Move speakers for stereo playback.
- Please Note: Two Sonos Move's cannot be used as rear speakers in a Sonos home theatre system.
- Wi-Fi: Supports 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz, and 5GHz
- Ethernet Port: One 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
- Power Supply: USB-C adapters must support one or more of the following output levels: 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/2.25A.
- Charging base power supply: Input: 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 1.2A; Output: 18VDC, 2.5A
- Weatherproof: IP56 Rated – dustproof and water-resistant
- Available Colours: Black with Matte Black Grille or White with Matte White Grille
- Nett Weight: 3kg including battery
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 160 x 240 x 126mm
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 Year
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE.
- Sonos Roam Wireless Speaker 2-PackPriced from $550.00 (Normally Regular Price $598.00 )
- Sonos One Gen 2 Wireless Speaker 2-PackPriced from $570.00 (Normally Regular Price $638.00 )
- Sonos One SL Wireless Speaker 2-PackPriced from $538.00 (Normally Regular Price $578.00 )
- Sonos Beam Gen 2 3.1 TV SystemPriced from $1,798.00
- Sonos Arc Dolby Atmos Entertainment SystemPriced from $2,389.00 (Normally Regular Price $2,598.00 )