Sonos One Gen 2 Wireless Speaker
Please Note: This item is in stock and ready for despatch. Please note that it may not be on demonstration or available for immediate in-store collection.
Sonos One Gen 2 features Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant Voice Controlled
First Class Audiophile Sound Built-In!
Humidity Resistant With Wireless Multi-Room Capabilities
About Sonos One Gen 2 Wireless Speaker
Hello, I'd like you, Sonos One, to play my favourite playlist from Spotify please. Imagine waking up and being able to mumble that to your sound system and it just does it! The wonders of an Alexa & Google enabled Sonos multi-room speaker. It's the simplest, smartest, smallest, largest sounding smart speaker on the planet. We're hoping 'Sonos One Gen 2' will also make breakfast but we're not holding our breath.
If you have a wireless home network and a smart device, then you're ready to start streaming music in any room in your home. Sonos is the easiest way to create a network of wireless music players throughout your home and it's extremely affordable. The Sonos One lets you enjoy music from the Internet as well as songs stored on your home computers and smart devices — without filling your room with a mountain of complicated audio gear. It's perfect for smaller rooms, the office, study, workshop and setup is as easy as pushing a button. Why not pair two Sonos One's and configure them for beautiful stereo sound.
Fine Tune Your One With Sonos Trueplay: Trueplay fine tunes your Sonos speaker for a spot-on playback of what the artist recorded. Trueplay tuning takes about 3 minutes and uses your iPhone or iPad to measure how sound reflects off walls, furnishings and other surfaces in a room. Then it adjusts your Sonos speaker to make sure it sounds great, no matter where you've placed it.
Control Sonos One With Your Favourite Smart Device … And More: Use your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Android device to control your One or any Sonos player. Download the free Sonos app and it turns your smart phone or tablet into a fully-fledged Sonos controller. Easily navigate and search through playlists and tracks stored on your computer, or select an Internet radio station. Create customised playlists on the fly for individual rooms or for playback over your entire Sonos system. You can also mute or adjust the volume of each of your players. Got a desktop or laptop? Then use the Sonos Controller for Mac or PC for added control. They all work together seamlessly so mix and match to your hearts content.
Take Charge With Voice Control & AirPlay 2
Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa voice control is built right in so you can play music, check news, set alarms, get your questions answered and more, completely hands free. Phone not nearby? Busy cooking in the kitchen? Just ask Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant for what you want. Naturally your imagination is the only thing limiting your use of voice control but here are a few examples to get you going (we have used Alexa for simplicity).
Start the music: “Alexa, play songs for meditating” Choose rooms: “Alexa, play Lorde in the living room” Pause and resume: “Alexa, stop” “Alexa, play” Adjust the volume: “Alexa, turn it up” “Alexa, volume five” Skip songs: “Alexa, next” “Alexa, previous” Discover new music: “Alexa, what song is this?” “Alexa, who is this artist?” Manage smart home devices: “Alexa, dim the dining room lights” Get information: “Alexa, what's the weather?” Do more with Alexa Skills: “Alexa, start 7-Minute Workout”
Complete Privacy: An illuminated LED indicator light ensures you always know when your speaker's microphone is active. And when the light's off, the mic is off. Sonos One is designed with extra security - the hard-wired LED connection ensures no one is listening when you want privacy.
Apple AirPlay 2: Using AirPlay 2, you can instantly send sound from any AirPlay-compatible iOS app to Sonos. If an App or Service has an AirPlay icon, you can stream it on Sonos. You can also now use Siri to control Apple Music on Sonos. You can also easily switch between voice assistants. After you've started the music with Siri, you can let Alexa adjust the volume or skip to the next song.
AirPlay also lets you watch videos on apps like YouTube, Netflix, and many others and pipe the sound throughout your home on Sonos. Even though AirPlay 2 is currently only supported on Sonos One, Beam, Amp, Playbase and Play:5 (Gen 2), group your other speakers to any of these and you can use AirPlay across your entire home sound system.
One Room Or Thirty Two Rooms & No Wires!
Place Sonos players like the One, the flagship Play:5 or TV friendly Playbar in every room where you want to listen to music ... up to 32 rooms which one of our customers has done!
And all this flexibility with absolutely no complicated wires. All you need is AC power and you're having fun. You can set up the players to work on your existing Wi-Fi network or you can connect any Sonos player to your network router and Sonos will create its own dedicated wireless 'mesh' network for even better performance. You can also use a Sonos Boost to create this network if you can't place a speaker near your router. And when the party moves to another room, just pick up your One and take the music with you.
Instant Access To Endless Music: Sonos liberates the music on the Internet, your computer and more, so you can wirelessly play it all over the home. Wherever there's a One (or any other Sonos Player), you can tune in to over 100,000 Internet radio stations, shows and podcasts and stream millions of songs and stations from the most popular online music services including Deezer, Tidal, Apple Music and Spotify. Plus, you can play your entire personal music library, like iTunes, in any or every room. You'll get top-notch, room-filling sound from a player that easily fits on a counter in the kitchen or an end table in the living room.
Simple & Easy Setup With Automatic Updates: Setting up your One is incredibly easy — simply plug it in to the wall power! No technical or wiring expertise required. No speakers or audio equipment to connect. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a Wi-Fi router to get started. Unlike most other consumer electronic products, the One and the entire Sonos system keep getting better even after you buy it. With free automatic software updates you'll always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Just register your system and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself. How easy is that!
Gen 2: Sonos One Gen 2 gets an updated processor, increased memory and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Currently there are no performance or feature differences between Sonos One Gen 2 and the original version. The original Sonos One will continue to support all its current features, and more, in the future. Over time, however, the increased memory, Bluetooth Low Energy, and processing power may allow Sonos to bring new product experiences to the Gen 2 version that the original will not be able to support.
BLE is used to communicate temporarily with your phone/tablet to simplify the first-time setup process. BLE does not support audio streaming. Once setup is done, Sonos One Gen 2 streams and updates via your Wi-Fi just like the original Sonos One. For identification purposes, Sonos One Gen 2 is marked as ‘Gen 2’ on the product label underneath the speaker.
Our Take On Sonos One Gen 2 Wireless Speaker
The Sonos One takes up where the Play:1 left off and offers an even more immersive experience with AirPlay 2, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa Voice Control Built-In. It is a breeze to set up and is ideal for small to medium sized rooms such as kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms and studies. It will not replace a quality hi-fi system, but add a second One and a Sonos Sub and it will probably please a lot of the population!
The Sonos Experience: We are a team of true audio nuts and love, with a passion, every type of music reproduction from vinyl to the latest in streaming devices. What's more, we were one of the very first stores in Australia approached to sell Sonos (mid 2005) and although we now have expanded with an incredibly comprehensive range of wireless speakers, Sonos never ceases to amaze us. Not only does it have the biggest product range, but it is just so simple to setup and enjoy. Reliable? Let's put it this way. We've sold thousands of pieces and to date have only had a handful that were faulty and these were promptly replaced by Sonos.
What's more is that Sonos has caused other Accessory brands to mushroom with a range of complementary products. The major player is, believe it or not, a UK brand called Flexson. They make a range of high quality wall-brackets and floor stands especially for Sonos products so make sure you check them out! Any questions, then give us a call because we really know Sonos!
Main Features & Specifications
- Design: Wireless Audio Speaker (Sold Individually)
- Gen 2: Sonos One Gen 2 gets an updated processor, increased memory and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
- BLE is used to communicate temporarily with your phone/tablet to simplify the first-time setup process. BLE does not support audio streaming.
- Amplifier: Two built-in digital amplifiers
- Drivers: Two built-in speakers - 1 x Tweeter and 1 x Mid-woofer
- Mesh Network: Communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi or a dedicated Sonosnet 2.0 wireless network
- Sonos control app
- Free download from iTunes App Store and GooglePlay
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac computers
- Compatible with Android smartphones, tablets, and Windows PCs
- Bass, treble, balance, and volume controls
- Voice Control Compatibility
- Amazon Alexa
- Google Assistant
- Siri – to control Apple Music only
- Complete Privacy: An illuminated LED indicator light ensures you’re always aware when the speaker’s microphone is active
- AirPlay Support: Apple AirPlay 2 built-in
- File Compatibility: Plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- Note: Not compatible with protected AAC files from iTunes
- Music Streaming Services: Plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Tidal etc
- Podcasts: Plays music and Podcasts directly from compatible iOS portable devices
- Internet Radio: Plays streaming Internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- Multi-zone Synchronous Playback: Same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously or multi-stream playback
- Multiple Use: Configure two One speakers for stereo playback or use them as rear channels with a Playbar & Sub, Playbase & SUB or Beam & Sub for 5.1 channel surround sound
- Controls: Top mounted capacitive touch controls for volume up/down, previous/next track, play/pause, microphone mute. LED indicates status, mute status, and voice feedback
- Microphone: Six far-field microphone array, used for advanced beam forming and echo cancellation
- Ethernet Port: One 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
- Windows: Compatible with Windows (XP or higher operating system)
- Apple Mac: Compatible with Mac (OS X 10.6 or higher operating system)
- Power Supply: 230-240V AC adapter included
- Finish: Black with Matte Black Grille or White with Matte White Grille
- Nett Weight: 1.85kg
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 120 x 161 x 120mm
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 Year
Note: Features & Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice. E&OE
- Sonos AmpSpecial Price $999.00 (Normally Regular Price $1,099.00 )
- Sonos PortSpecial Price $675.00 (Normally Regular Price $695.00 )
- Sonos In-Ceiling Sound System (1 Pair)Special Price $1,869.00 (Normally Regular Price $2,098.00 )
- Sonos In-Wall Sound System (1 Pair)Special Price $1,899.00 (Normally Regular Price $2,098.00 )
- Sonos Outdoor Sound System (1 Pair)Special Price $2,095.00 (Normally Regular Price $2,395.00 )